Opioid Epidemic: Controversies and Creative Solutions
On Thursday, March 12, 2020, ACMT will hold a one-day symposium, “Opioid Epidemic: Controversies and Creative Solutions” at the Grand Hyatt in New York City. The symposium precedes the 2020 Annual Scientific Meeting. The event will go beyond the basics and discuss big-picture approaches to the opioid epidemic. They will address novel, cutting edge, and controversial approaches, including safe-injection sites, mobile buprenorphine induction, urban greening, and others.
Topics to Include:
- Overview of the Opioid Epidemic in New York City
- FDA Perspective on the Opioid Epidemic
- The New Neurobiology of Addiction and Implications for Innovative Treatment Solutions
- Kratom, Ibogaine, Loperamide, and Alternative Therapies for OUD
- Safe Injection Sites: Municipal Experience / Legal Perspective
- Point-CounterPoint on Opioid Prescribing
- Creative Solutions: Academic Detailing / Buprenorphine Bus / Urban Blight Reduction and Electronics / Wearables
- And more!
This event is endorsed by The New York Society of Addiction Medicine (NYSAM).
NYSAM members will be able to register for this event at a reduced rate.