To promote the growing role of clinical fellows in our shared learning community, NYSAM is hosting an inaugural Fellows’ Clinical Case Presentation Competition for Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, and Medical Toxicology fellows in New York State.
Addiction Medicine, Addiction Psychiatry, and Medical Toxicology Fellows currently in a clinical fellowship program in New York State are encouraged to apply.
Subject & Format
- Submissions should include a Power Point presentation of up to fifteen slides that include:
- Pertinent clinical case information without HIPAA identifiers
- Clinical questions and challenges that arose
- Relevant evidence base and best practices considered
- Clinical strategies applied and clinical lessons learned
- Description of how the medical fellow was involved in the case
Selection & Presentation Process
Two winning presentations will be selected based on the initial submission.
Winning participants will be asked to give a 20-minute oral presentation at the 2024 Virtual NYSAM Scientific Day (part of the Annual Conference) on Saturday, February 3, 2024, using the submitted case presentation. Fellows will be invited to meet with the Clinical Case Presentation Moderator, Dr. Edward Salsitz, MD, DFASAM to better prepare and refine the case presentation prior to the conference.
At the end of each case presentation at the NYSAM Scientific Day, there will be a brief Q&A with conference attendees.
All presentation materials must be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on Friday, January 19, 2024.
Winners will be notified via email.
For questions regarding this contest or submission guidelines please contact Tiffany Lu, MD.