Job Title: Medical Director
Supervisor: Executive Director
Employment Status: Salary, Exempt
Location: Hudson and Catskill, NY
Twin County Recovery Services, Inc. is seeking a Medical Director in Columbia & Greene Counties. The Medical Director functions as part of a team working collaboratively with the Director of Residential Living and the Clinical Directors for each clinic. The Medical Director will provide diagnosis, assessments, treatment plan input and interventions, medication management, and follow-up services as they relate to Substance Use Disorder and co-occurring disorders.
This is a physician who is responsible for the medical services provided by the program, is responsible for the overall direction of the medical procedures provided, and supervises the medical staff at two (2) OASAS licensed outpatient clinics.
- Must be a physician licensed in New York.
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years of training and experience diagnosing, treating, and evaluating the effectiveness of treatment of the population to be served.
- Must have a subspecialty board certification in addiction psychiatry from the American Board of Medical Specialties, an addiction certification from the American Society of Addiction Medicine, a certification by the American Board of Addiction Medicine, or hold a subspecialty board certification in Addiction Medicine from the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have a federal 72,000 waiver (buprenorphine-certified) within four (4) months of hire.
- Experience providing Low Barrier/Low Threshold Harm Reduction focused care
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides medical leadership & supervision of reporting staff, to include Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Directors and associated administrative tasks such as approving timecards and developing/revising/updating agency-wide clinical policies and procedures.
- Provides coaching and supervision to directly reporting staff using tools such as performance reviews and assessments.
- Oversight of clinical policies, procedures, and daily operations of two (2) clinics.
- Participates in agency-wide Quality Assurance processes, including Incident Review meetings
- Ensure that treatment services are being delivered in a clinically appropriate manner and care in accordance with OASAS Part 822-4 Regulations.
- Participates in weekly case conference meetings and is an established member of the agency multi-disciplinary team and all that includes under OASAS Part 822-4 Regulations.
- Provides a minimum of one (1) hour of service per week per every twenty-five (25) admitted clients.
- Provides medication management services as outlined by OASAS Part 822-4 regulations. This includes face to face services for purpose of prescribing, evaluating, monitoring, observation, or dosage change to a patient’s current medication; a comprehensive medication review of a new patient or any patient who requires a more extensive review; and the induction of a patient to a new medication requiring a period of patient observation
- Provides medical assessment appointments and maintains patients records which meet the standards for OASAS Part 822-4 regulations.
- Reviews all medication/medical records received on referred/admitted clients and determines whether they are current and accurate.
- Interfaces with Clinical Directors and others as appropriate to include timely distribution of education and provide input about clinical issues to improve delivery of services.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality assurance management and Utilization Review
- Signs off on all billing forms requiring a Physician’s/Medical Director’s Signature.
- Facilitate linkages with client primary care physicians.
- Works closely with Executive Director to implement strategies that enhance and improve patient care
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills
- Basic skill sets in electronic communication systems such as e-mail and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills
- High level of responsiveness
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Term life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental benefits provided by Aflac
- Paid Time Off (Sick, personal, and vacation)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Tax-Sheltered Annuity retirement plan
Contact: Taknika Mickey, Human Resource Director, Twin County Recovery Services, Inc.
Email: email@example.com, 518-751-2083, ext. 1121