START Treatment & Recovery Centers, one the largest substance use disorder treatment facilities in Brooklyn and the tri-state area, seeks an experienced Medical Director to join a team of behavioral health professionals in the diagnosis and treatment of adult and juvenile SUD patients who present along a spectrum.
The person selected for this role will be responsible for:
- Supervising and reviewing the of all medical staff including nurse practitioner and nurses.
- Evaluating patients’ clinical history, physical examination, and appropriate lab data.
- Maintaining registration with DEA, certification as an HIV Care provider
- Maintaining 25 category education credits in primary care, addition medicine or primary care HIV
- Collaborating with Clinic Directors on quality improvements efforts at the clinics
The incumbent must:
- Be a graduate of a medical school accredited by the Council on Medical Education
- Have a current NYS license to practice medicine.
- Be board certified in Addiction Medicine
- Be board certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine
- Have at least three years of experience in adulty primary care
- May be required to provide services at other treatment centers if the need occurs.
- Expected to provide medical services in lieu of staff on leave or vacant capacity.
- Travel to participate in monthly staff trainings 10% travel
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed on each individual case.
- While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
If you are interested in joining our fun workplace and amazing culture, while positively impacting the lives of our patients. Please apply using the link : Recruitment (adp.com)
You can also contact our Director of Talent, Wally Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-260-2940.