START Treatment & Recovery Centers, one the largest substance use disorder treatment facilities in Brooklyn and the tri-state area, seeks an experienced Psychiatrist to join a team of behavioral health professionals in the diagnosis and treatment of adult and juvenile SUD patients who present along a spectrum.
The person selected for this role will be responsible for:
- Completing initial assessments of all patients
- Conducting needs assessment for medication management, modifying, and maintaining treatment plans and records
- Conducting weekly case consultation with behavioral health, nursing, and medical staff.
- Facilitating training and educational programs of all staff as needed
- Assisting the development of policies and procedures to advance the patients and staff’s mental health
The incumbent must:
- Be a graduate of a medical school accredited by the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association
- Have a current NYS license as a practicing Psychiatrist
- Board certified in Psychiatry
- Board certified in Addiction Psychiatry
- Have at least three years of experience as a practicing psychiatrist
- These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the position which are reviewed on each individual case.
- While performing the responsibilities of the role, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
If you are interested in joining our fun workplace and amazing culture, while positively impacting the lives of our patients. Please apply us this link Recruitment (adp.com).
You can also contact our Director of Talent, Wally Mohammed at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-260-2940.